Staff Spotlight: 15 Questions with Tina Rivera
This month we have a Staff Spotlight on Tina Rivera, our representative for International Sales. Tina is celebrating her 10th Anniversary with El Paso Saddleblanket!!
So let's get started!
Tina Rivera with El Paso Saddleblanket owner, Dusty Henson
1. Briefly describe a day at work.
Make Coffee! Respond to emails, process orders, make customer calls, and help out in other departments as needed.
2. What do you like most about your job?
Never a dull moment! Every day is different. I never truly know if I will be working on mailing lists, helping with design projects, or data entry for order processing.
3. What does your workspace look like?
Depending on the time of day and it can be organized and neat in the morning and by noon it can look like Tornado Alley.
4. What's your proudest moment working for El Paso Saddleblanket?
Hitting my 10 year anniversary! It has been an amazing journey.
5. Before working here, what was the most interesting job you've ever had?
I would have to say working in the Heating and Cooling business. I worked as a service dispatcher and took care of customer billing, then I moved over to the parts department as a return clerk and office Administrator.
6. What do you like to do when you're not at the office?
When I am not the Uber driver for the grandkids, I like to crochet. It is very relaxing.
7. Tell us a little bit about your family.
I have been married for 38 years to my high school sweetheart. We have 1 daughter, 3 sons and 2 daughter-in-law’s. We have also been blessed with 2 granddaughters and 3 grandsons.
8. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
I received my Associates degree in Liberal Arts from the Southern New Hampshire University in March 2018.
9. Do you have a motto or personal mantra?
Don’t dwell on the things you cannot change, just focus on the ones you can.
10. Three words to best describe you.
A little weird.
11. If you could do another job just for one day, what would it be?
12. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people say “You can’t do that.”
13. What is number one on your bucket list?
To go to the San Diego Zoo.
14. What is the one thing you can't live without?
Besides my family, COFFEE!
15. Finish this sentence: You're happiest when...
I’m with my family enjoying life.
We would like to once again congratulate Tina on her 10th Anniversary and thank her for all of her hard work over the years! Cheers to many more!